The SOMI Art Fest is a juried Art show that takes place in the heart of downtown South Miami
The festival’s reputation for museum-caliber art and high-quality fine craft along with its picturesque location and luxurious venue amenities attracts artists from across the country and around the world each year. More than 20,000 festival-goers attend this 2-day event
Artists can expect a pristine venue with paved walkways leading to tree-shaded booths on the grass; complimentary artist hospitality; easy check-in and set-up; express checkout; convenient free parking; finely appointed on-site restrooms; 24-hour security; and a cultivated attendance by art-enthusiasts, serious buyers and collectors.
SOMI Art Fest has been ranked as one of the Top 200 Best Art Shows in the country by Sunshine Artist. South Miami is located 10 miles from Miami International Airport and is a half-hour drive to Miami Beach.
$5,000 total will be awarded to our winners. Judging takes place on the first day of the festival, Professional art jurors will determine the winners. Prize awards are as follows:
- Best in Show: $1,750
- Second in Show: $1,150
- Third in Show: $850
- Artist of Note: $450
This is just placeholder text. Don’t be alarmed, this is just here to fill up space since your finalized copy isn’t ready yet. Once we have your content finalized, we’ll replace this placeholder text with your real content.
- Applications Open: June 15
- Application Deadline:
- Application Fee: $35
- Booth Fee: $450- $600
- Location:The festival is located in the heart of downtown South Miami, adjacent to the Shops at Sunset Place
- Dates:Feb. 24 & 25, 2024
- Hours:Saturday, Feb. 24, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 25, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Jam Session:Saturday 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Admissions:Our festival is free and open to the public
- Parking:Ample public parking is available both on-street and in garages. We encourage visitors to carpool or take public transportation if possible
- Transit:Take the Metrorail to South Miami Station
Frequently Asked Questions
The festival is held every year the weekend after Presidents’ Day. Our next festival is February 24 and 25, 2024.
The festival is located in the downtown area of South Miami on Sunset Drive (SW 72nd Street) from US 1 to Red Road (SW 57th Avenue.)